We look forward to hosting prospective students during our Open Night on 15 March this year, from 4:30pm – 7:30pm. In 2021, we settle into a new ‘normal’ and recognise the need to adapt current practices. Alongside this, our school is undertaking significant construction works to prepare for the arrival of Year 7 students. Therefore, our Open Night processes have undergone a review and we have had to modify a number of elements to suit the situation we find ourselves in.
A number of key changes are summarised below, with further details to be distributed over the coming weeks, including the process to register attendance for the Open Night.
- Open Night for 2021 will prioritise students that expect to be part of the transition to high school in 2022. This includes current Year 6 and Year 7 students.
- If your child is considering Blackwood High School in 2023 or beyond, we ask that you register for one of the Principal’s tours later in 2021, or attend our Open Night in 2022, rather than attend this year.
- Previously, we have welcomed the entire family attending our Open Nights to explore what the school has to offer. Unfortunately, due to physical distancing requirements and restricted space within classrooms, we ask that all families who attend Open Night limit attendance to two family members.
- We will monitor numbers within classrooms. We may delay access to a space to ensure we comply with the Department’s COVID requirements.
- The Principal’s session will require registration for one of the timeslots available. We are required to implement restricted seating within the Auditorium and will need to monitor numbers.
- Due to significant construction works happening at the rear of the school, all visitors are required to enter through the main school gate. Upon arrival, all visitors will be required to check-in using the Blackwood High School QR code or sign-in sheet.
- This year, we will not have any onsite parking available to visitors due to building works. We ask that families utilise on-street parking nearby to the school, adhering to any parking regulations in that area.
- Please do not park in the Blackwood Recreation Centre car park during Open Night. The Blackwood Recreation Centre will be operating as per usual and their car parks are reserved for their patrons.
This year we request that all families register their attendance at Open Night using the following link bhs.sa.edu.au/open-night. This will ensure that we can support the efficient movement of visitors throughout our school grounds.
To familiarise yourself with the layout of the school grounds and the range of learning experiences on display, please download the Open Night brochure available below. Alternatively, start exploring the amazing learning experiences and spaces available at Blackwood High School using our 360o Virtual Tour.