Access and Security
- Not disable settings for virus protection, spam and filtering that have been applied.
- Ensure that communication through internet and online communication services is related to learning.
- Keep passwords confidential, and change them when prompted, or when known by another user.
- Use passwords that are not obvious or easily guessed (i.e. mix upper and lower case, use symbols/numbers).
- Never allow others to use their personal e-learning account.
- Log off at the end of each session to ensure that nobody else can use their e-learning account.
- Promptly tell their supervising teacher if they suspect they have received a computer virus or spam (i.e. unsolicited email) or if they receive a message that is inappropriate or makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Seek advice if another user seeks excessive personal information, asks to be telephoned, offers gifts by email or wants to meet a student.
- Never knowingly initiate or forward emails or other messages containing:
- A message that was sent to them in confidence.
- A computer virus or attachment that is capable of damaging recipients computers.
- Chain letters and hoax emails.
- Spam, e.g. unsolicited advertising material.
- Never send or publish:
- Unacceptable/unlawful material or remarks, including offensive, abusive or discriminatory content.
- Threatening, bullying or harassing content or excessive/unreasonable demands upon any person.
- Sexually explicit or sexually suggestive material or correspondence.
- False or defamatory information about a person or organisation.
- Ensure that personal use is kept to a minimum and internet and online communication services are generally used for genuine curriculum and educational activities. Use of unauthorised programs and intentionally downloading unauthorised software, graphics or music that is not associated with learning, is not permitted.
- Never damage or disable computers, computer systems or networks of Blackwood High School.
- Ensure that services are not used for unauthorised commercial activities or any unlawful purpose.
- Be aware that all use of internet and online communication services can be audited and traced to the internet accounts of specific users.
- I understand that the school can, without notice, delete any material found in its storage that is unauthorised, unlawful, obscene, excessive in volume or uncollected for an extended period of time.
Privacy and Confidentiality
- Not reveal personal information including names, addresses, photographs, credit card details and telephone numbers of themselves or others.
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality is maintained by not disclosing or using any information in a way that is contrary to any individual’s interests. This includes material that is demeaning
Intellectual Property and Copyright
- Never plagiarise information and will observe appropriate copyright clearance, including acknowledging the author or source of any information used.
- Ensure that permission is gained before electronically publishing users works or drawings.
- Always acknowledge the creator or author of any material published.
- Ensure any material published on the internet or intranet has the approval of the Principal or delegate and has appropriate copyright clearance.
- Ensure the LearnLink Office 365 Service, including Office 365 Pro Plus is only to be used in relation to
delivering curriculum objectives, and will not be used to store sensitive or personal information.
Misuse and Breaches of Acceptable Usage
Students will be aware that:
- They are held responsible for their actions while using internet and online communication services.
- They are held responsible for breaches caused by them allowing any other person to use their e-learning account to access internet and online communication services.
- The misuse of internet and online communication services may result in disciplinary action which may include, but is not limited to, the withdrawal of access to services, suspension, exclusion and possible police involvement.