The trials will be held at Blackwood High School on
Thursday 23 March 2023 8:45am registration for a 9am – 11am trial
The Special Interest Football Program is open to boys in Year 7 – 11.
The structure of the program allows students to pursue their interest in football as well as maintain a focus on academic study.
Football Program participants will be expected to be involved in a variety of competitive situations – inter-school carnivals (SSSSA Twilight Cup, SSSSA Knockout Competition, SSSSA 9 a-side carnival) and weekly Zone Sport Competition (Years 7-9). Students will be actively encouraged to be part of all of the school’s extra-curricular activities e.g. athletics carnivals and other sporting events.
Students will perform skills with efficiency, accuracy and consistency.
An individual’s technique will be analysed, refined and practiced until the skills can be performed consistently during competition.
Sessions will be planned and run in conjunction with SANFL (South Australian National Football League) coaches and development officers.
Skill sessions will focus on skill development, positional education, movement and running patterns and attacking and defensive methods.
A variety feedback will be used including video analysis of techniques and game play.
FITNESS AND CONDITIONING
1) develop and maintain fitness levels which enable them to extend their potential in football.
2) analyse the ‘fitness components’ of football, training principles, training methods and energy systems
3) complete the AFL combine fitness tests.
4) identify a variety of training methods required and complete a variety of activities to improve and maintain appropriate fitness levels.
5) study injury prevention and management.
6) resistance training focusing on injury prevention and technique.
The subject is predominantly practical however specific theory work is also undertaken.
Topics covered will include:
- Team play and tactics (practical and theoretical)
- Positional play (practical and theoretical)
- Fitness (practical and theoretical)
- Coaching (practical and theoretical)
- Umpiring (practical and theoretical)
- Sports Psychology
- Prevention and management of injuries
- Pathways in football (goal setting, club administration)
- Leadership seminars
- GPS data analysis
- Personal values
- Team dynamics
- Aboriginal Education